ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2008
View our list of 2008 grant recipients.
Operation Our Town awarded over $230,000 in grants to law enforcement to help special operations:
- warrant squad
- interdiction squad
- saturation patrols
- search warrants
- tactical details
- stakeout details
- drug raids
- Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force investigations
- drug prosecutor
- Blair County Drug Task Force
- Blair County Sheriff’s Department, Blair Senior Services, Victim/Witness Coordinator-Office of the District Attorney
LAW ENFORCEMENT SPECIAL OPERATIONS:
Search warrants executed: 29
Blair County drug raids: 7
Blair County drug arrests:
- 2008 – 562
- 2007 – 607
Saturation Patrols: 12
Conducted in Altoona, Hollidaysburg, Tyrone Borough, Duncansville, Allegheny Township, Blair Township, and Frankstown Township
Operation Our Town initiated a Most Wanted List May 23, 2007:
- 24 listed
- 21 captured to-date
Audio/visual equipment, 10 additional tactical life vests, helmets, computers, and printers.
Push Out the Pusher Calls answered at 911 Center:
Push Out The Pusher hotline: (814-693-3020 or 866-693-3020)
|Year||Voicemail||Live Calls||Total Calls|
Overall accidental drug overdoses decreased 22% from 2006 to 2008.
Blair County District Attorney Richard Consiglio hired Attorney Peter Weeks as the drug prosecutor in July 2007, with the help of a grant from Operation Our Town.
- Over 500 cases assigned
- Over 250 separate defendants
- 8 jury trials
- Petitions filed for over $125,000
- Orders issued for forfeiture of over $58,000
- 3 houses and 5 automobiles
You can help take back our neighborhoods by volunteering or financially supporting the work of Operation Our Town.