ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2011
Operation Our Town total money raised from 2007-2011:
- Over $2.3 million
- Over $1.4 million raised from businesses, organizations, & individuals
- Over $800,000 raised from federal grants in 2008-2010
Operation Our Town total money distributed from 2007-2011:
- Over $1.9 million in grants distributed to law enforcement, treatment, and prevention programs in Blair County
Operation Our Town awarded over $225,000 in grants to law enforcement to help special operations:
- warrant squad
- interdiction squad
- saturation patrols
- search warrants
- tactical details
- stakeout details
- drug raids
- Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force investigations
- drug prosecutor
- Blair County Drug Task Force
- Blair County Sheriff’s Department
- Association of Blair County Law Enforcement
View our list of 2011 grant recipients.
LAW ENFORCEMENT SPECIAL OPERATIONS:
Search warrants executed: 26
Blair County drug raids: 2
Blair County drug arrests:
- 2011 – 493
- 2010 – 512
- 2009 – 549
- 2008 – 562
- 2007 – 607
Saturation patrols: 2
Occurred in Altoona, Hollidaysburg, Tyrone Borough, Duncansville, Allegheny Township, Blair Township, and Frankstown Township.
Operation Our Town initiated a Most Wanted List May 23, 2007:
29 captured to-date
Gun shot trauma kits, Motorola radios, software, batteries & chargers, ballistic vests, and other various equipment.
Push Out the Pusher Calls answered at 911 Center:
Push Out The Pusher hotline: (814-693-3020 or 866-693-3020)
|Year||Voicemail||Live Calls||Total Calls|
24 drug overdoses in 2011.
Blair County District Attorney Richard Consiglio hired Attorney Peter Weeks as the drug prosecutor in July 2007, with the help of a five-year grant from Operation Our Town.
- 159 cases assigned
- 8 jury trials
- Over $179,223 in forfeitures from cash, automobiles, and personal property.
- 206 Operation Our Town volunteers participated in 41 Outreach events
- 685 total volunteer hours
You can help take back our neighborhoods by volunteering or financially supporting the work of Operation Our Town.